Urbanism intern Team Vision & Strategy
At PosadMaxwan we work on healthy, sustainable and smart cities. Together with our team of 40 urban designers, (landscape) architects and researchers, we design on the cities of tomorrow. At our office there's an informal culture and a relaxed atmosphere, but at the same time the quality of our work is very important. There is a high work ethic, but fortunately there is also room for humor and fun at the office.
What you will be working on
You will work on challenging projects within an international team of urban designers, architects and GIS specialists. Every day is a new experience and you have the opportunity to work with different colleagues on a wide variety of projects. You will work on urbanization strategies and regional visions in the Netherlands and Flanders and you will deal with themes such as the healthy city and smart mobility. Naturally you can indicate which themes you would like to focus on during your internship, then we will see what is possible. You will also be coached to achieve your professional and personal learning goals and are encouraged to share your knowledge and skills. We regularly have (online) fun moments with the team to get to know each other better.
What we are looking for
Would you describe yourself as someone who:
- Has affinity with healthy urban design, mobility transition, regional development and new trends & technology;
- Is independent and resourceful, but does not hesitate to ask colleagues for help;
- Is a third-year bachelor's or master's student in urban design or is doing a related study and has an affinity with urban design;
- Has good communication skills in English;
- Has experience working with the Adobe package (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop);
- Experience in QGIS, Rhino and AutoCAD is a pre;
- Has graphic talent (both digital and hand drawing).
Then you would be a good fit for us and we would like to meet you!
What we offer
- A contract for 32-40 hours per week for 4-6 months;
- A versatile internship, in which you can learn a lot and develop further;
- Involvement in challenging visions and strategies on urban and regional scale;
- A diverse and enthusiastic team;
- A nice workplace on the BINK36;
- A healthy vegetarian lunch;
- A reimbursement of €550,- per month plus your travel expenses;
- Start date in consultation, but preferably as soon as possible.
Become our new intern!
Let us know why you are the best candidate for this position and why you want to work for us. We'd like to receive your*:
- Motivational letter;
- Preferred duration of your internship, starting date, and your available hours/days per week;
- Status of VISA and work permit if required. Please note that we cannot issue a work permit for this position.
Apply for this internship
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating Urbanism intern Team 3. Don't forget to briefly mention in your letter what your favorite city is and why, because we as city makers are of course very curious about that!
*Incomplete applications will not be taken into account
**Preferably as one attached pdf file smaller than 10 MB. Links to online portfolios will not be taken into consideration. In case of group projects please specify the author(s) of each image.